Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wohnung gefunden!

Great news! I officially have a place to live in Freiburg. It's affordable and right in the middle of the city! I won't be far from the school and very close to the University and the Altstadt. The Gymnasium where I will be teaching is right next to a park where a lot of students live, grill and play sports; my apartment is a two-minute walk from the main train station. I couldn't have a better location! My roommate seems friendly. She's studying to be a dentist and loves sports--she's going to teach me how to ski! My room is furnished and quite big with a lot of sunlight. I'm looking forward to moving in and uploading some pictures!

I also found out that I can be a guest student at the University. Basically, that means I don't have to enroll or pay the 500 euro. They have a lot of awesome classes open for guest students. Ideally I would take a French class (I'll be about 20 minutes from France) and a class on education or immigration, but I think the French classes are pretty sought after.

Here is the school where I'll be teaching. They place a lot of emphasis on the arts and French--students actually learn English as their second foreign language. So I'll just be the lowly English teacher...


You can imagine my excitement when I saw that the film score concert included Titanic. I'm pretty pumped that I'm going to be at such a rockin' school.

No comments:

Post a Comment